COVID-19 AND BOWLS AT WINDANG
2nd January 2021
Click on the link below to view the latest update from Government NSW
9th September 2020
There have been some changes recently and the following conditions shall apply. Our COVID SAFETY PLAN for bowls has been updated with the changes. Signage has yet to be updated.
- The area of both the men’s and women’s locker rooms were measured to be 30m2 and 32m2 respectively.
- See information of the Four Square Metre Rule here.
- We will now allow 6 persons in the locker room at any one time. Persons occupying these spaces are to continue with their physical distancing.
- Physical distancing means reducing the close physical contact we have with one another and staying 1.5 metres away from people we don’t live with.
- Spectators will be permitted on the perimeters of the greens areas.
- All spectators must be seated whenever possible.
- On the benches, only 2 spectators per seat are permitted.
- Benches at the end of the rink of play are allocated for players.
- Limits on the number of spectators will be based on the number of seats available around the perimeter of the green.
- Single chairs are permitted as long as they are 1.5m away from the nearest bench or seat.
- Drinking will be permitted in outdoor areas. (Date to be set).
- Persons must be seated whilst drinking at all times.
- Groups mingling and people standing together while drinking will not be permitted.
- For the Health and Safety of all our members we ask that you make a serious effort to comply with these conditions.
- Please cooperate with the instructions of our COVID Marshalls.
- Flouting these measures is not only bad for the health and safety of patrons; it’s also bad for business.
- The recent penalties handed out to venues serve as a reminder to all businesses that the chances of being caught for non-compliance are high.
19th August 2020
MINIMISING THE RISK OF COVID-19 TRANSMISSION IN COMMUNITY SPORT
Yesterday the NSW Health Department announced new recommendations for community sport which will impact the sport of bowls. NSW Health have recommended to all NSW Sporting Organisations to suspend all activities that bring together participants from different areas and may include Local Government Areas (LGA).
As a result of this direction, Women’s Bowls NSW and Bowls NSW hereby advise that ALL State Championship events to be held at District/Regional/Zone level MUST be suspended for a period of 6 weeks commencing from Wednesday 19th August. Clubs are advised that if they have any tournaments scheduled to be played during this period that they should also postpone or ensure entrants and participants are from their local area only.
What does this mean for us?
- All District & Zone events are suspended for the next 6 weeks commencing today.
- Club Championships will continue.
- Social Bowls will continue. Visitors from other clubs are permitted.
- There will be no spectators permitted at any events.
- One parent/carer per junior participant.
See the links below for more information.
Get tested if you have COVID-19 symptoms and help us identify as many cases in the community as quickly as possible.
NSW Health is urging anyone feeling unwell, even with the mildest of symptoms to self-isolate from others and come forward for COVID-19 testing. Symptoms include fever, cough, sore/ scratchy throat, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell.
Please call your GP or health direct on 1800 022 222. You can also visit one of the COVID-19 clinics listed below.
National Coronavirus Helpline: 1800 020 080
Call this line if you are seeking information on coronavirus (COVID-19) or help with the COVIDSafe app. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Sunday 26th July 2020
COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
The NSW Government has provided us with a COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Following this plan will help slow the spread of COVID-19 and reassure our members that they can safely participate in activities. The plan will need to be updated in the future, as restrictions and advice changes.
Organisations must follow the current COVID-19 Public Health Orders and manage risks to staff and other people in accordance with Work Health and Safety laws. For more information and specific advice go to https://www.nsw.gov.au
This COVID-19 Safety Plan has been developed to create and maintain a safe environment for our Bowling Participants, Officials, Workers, Volunteers and Spectators.
View our COVID-19 Safety Plan for Bowls at Windang on the link below:
Any players, officials, volunteers participating in any bowling activity, should not attend if they are feeling unwell.
Please check the NSW Government Website for advice regarding the full list of symptoms associated with COVID-19 infection.
Our Match Committee Volunteers have completed the Australian Government Department of Health COVID-19 Infection Control Training.
The online training can be found on the link below:
To obtain accurate information regarding COVID-19 follow the links below:
- Australian Government Department of Health
- NSW Government Department of Health
- World Health Organisation
- Australian Institute of Sport
- Sport Australia
Campaign resources produced by the Federal Government including posters can be found at:
Our governing bowls bodies have developed a range of resources on COVI-19. These can be downloaded from:
For COVID-19 Information Posters follow the links below:
- Coronavirus Covid 19 Identifying The Symptoms
- When Do I Need To Self Isolate?
- Look After Your Mental Health
- COVID-19: Who To Call
- Over 70 – Do The 7
- Keeping Yourself and Your Loved Ones Safe
- Simple Hand Washing
The COVIDSafe app is a tool that helps identify people exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19). This helps us support and protect you, your friends and family.
For information on the COVID Safe App, click on the COVIDSAFE icon below.
TUESDAY 14TH JULY 2020
Social Bowls is well under way. Progressing from single name pairs to Nominated teams of Triples and Pairs.
A rink space is recommended between triples and fours games.
Most bowlers seem to be handling the new conditions for participating in bowls, however it is important that we remain diligent as the threat of a 2nd wave could result in the introduction of more restrictions for bowls.
The match committee meet soon to discuss Club Championships and dates will be posted as soon as practicable.
Our Management, Board of Directors and Match Committee are doing their best to ensure we provide a safe environment for our bowling members.
We thank our bowlers for their patience as we adjust our guidelines in line with the latest Bowls Australia and Bowls NSW recommendations to keep our members and team safe and healthy.
SUNDAY 21ST JUNE 2020
A meeting was held on Thursday 18th June between the respective Match Committees of Club Windang regarding our RETURN TO BOWLS plan.
For the information of our bowlers the following guidelines were put in place to assist with the management COVID 19 risks during play.
ENSURE YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH, AND UNDERSTAND THE GUIDELINES!
AGREEING WITH THESE GUIDELINES ARE A CONDITION OF ENTRY.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE….DON’T BOWL!
If you seek clarification, please contact the Bowls Coordinator.
For further details of the guidelines, click on the prawn logo.
ROLL UPS & SOCIAL BOWLS SHALL COMMENCE 1ST JULY 2020
- Bookings essential and will be made online or by phone
- Online bookings available on our Bowls Website
- No green fees required.
- Roll Ups from Tuesday to Friday. 1 session only from 2:30pm to 4:30pm
- All Guidelines are to be followed.
- Bookings essential and will be made online or by phone.
- Online bookings available on our Bowls website
- Several tutorials will be available on our Bowls Website to assist bowlers with Website navigation and online bookings.
- Tuesday and Thursday controlled by Windang Women’s Bowling Club.
- Wednesday, Friday, Saturday controlled by Windang Bowling Club.
- Green Fees remain at $7.
- Prize Money scaled back.
- All details found in the Guidelines. (Click on the prawn logo above for details).
Windang Bowling Club.
- Men’s Major Pairs at Q/F stage. To be completed under Mutual Agreement between the Quarter Finalists. Competition to be completed prior to Zone Champion of Champion Pairs Nominations.
- Major Singles dates TBA. A new nomination sheet will be opened as dates will be reviewed. Competition to be completed prior to Zone Champion of Champion Singles Nominations.
- Senior Singles at S/F stage. To be completed in a reasonable time frame.
- Minor Events – TBA – Based on available dates.
- Club Triples Cancelled. Only 3 preliminary games were completed. TBA
- Senior Pairs Cancelled – Not started – TBA
Windang Women’s Bowling Club
Club Championships – TBA
The focus of the Match Committees was to ensure the safest return for all of our bowling members.
My congratulations and appreciation goes out to the volunteers of this club who have done the best they can to ensure that we all RETURN TO BOWLS in the safest way possible.
THURSDAY 18TH JUNE 2020
A meeting with Bowls Windang Committees scheduled Thur 18th Jun.
THURSDAY 11TH JUNE 2020
Representatives from the Men’s and Women’s Bowling Committees met on Thursday 11th July to discuss a return to bowls plan for Windang.
Once the minutes have been drafted, a copy will be sent to Management and the Board, and some decisions will have to be made and plans will have to be implemented.
Topics on the agenda included Social Bowls and Roll Ups.
It’s great to see our Club resume trading, even if it is under COVID restrictions and guidelines.
Our game of bowls comes under NSW Office Of Sport and was classed as community sport, hence we have to follow the restrictions set by that body.
I’m pleased to announce some very good news from the NSW Office of Sport in a recent media release that adult sport can commence from July 1st.
I have just received a communication from our RBM Nick Hind from Bowls Australia. “While all states and territories are at different levels of restrictions the signs continue to trend positively and today we have heard that gathering of up to 20 people will be permitted outdoors in NSW from Saturday 13/6. What this means for bowls and the conditions for play and social distancing are yet to be determined.”
So things are starting to progress.
UPDATES FOR SEVERAL RECOURSES CAN BE FOUND ON THE FOLLOWING LINKS
- BOWLS AUSTRALIA COVID-19 ADVICE TO MEMBERS
- BOWLS NSW COVID-19 UPDATES
- AUSTRALIAN INSTITUTE OF SPORT: COVID-19 AND SPORTING ACTIVITY
- NSW OFFICE OF SPORT: COVID-19 UPDATE